My City Taxi is the top taxi service in Amritsar providing top-quality taxi and car rental services for the local population as well as those visiting the city on business or holiday. Our late model vehicles are meticulously maintained, and each and every one of our drivers has undergone long hours of professional training in order to provide you with the level of service you expect and demand. We strive to deliver the most affordable services possible whether you need to be transported to and from an important meeting or wish to take in the many incomparable sights of the City via one of our competitively priced tour packages.
Convenient Affordable Business Taxi Rental in Amritsar
The business-friendly climate of Amritsar means scores of professionals from many different economic sectors visit the city on business every day. They need to be transported safely and quickly from Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport to their hotel or meeting site, and they don’t have time for excuses and poor service. That’s why they call My City Taxi. We deliver you from SGRD in air-conditioned comfort to your important meeting and, if you prefer, we can wait for you to emerge and either transport you to your hotel or whisk you back to the airport for your outbound flight. There are no transportation issues when you trust My City Taxi to move you about.
We Show you the Sights
If you are in the city on holiday you don’t want to spend your precious time sweltering in the back of the unsafe and overcrowded tuk-tuk, you want to navigate the city in comfort and style befitting your status and arrive at the various points of interest fresh and ready to enjoy yourself. No other cab service in Amritsar will provide you the same level of friendly, professional personalized service as My City Taxi. That’s why we’re fast becoming Amritsar’s go-to taxi hire company.
There are so many things to see in Amritsar it’s hard to know where to start but when you contract My City Taxi to handle your holiday transportation needs we’ll help you devise a first-class itinerary that will take you to all the city’s myriad attractions including:
- The Golden Temple – There are few places on earth more spiritually evocative or architecturally dazzling than the Golden Temple. The temple is the epicenter of Sikhism and renowned for its exterior splendor and its enigmatic location; situated as it is in the centre of an enormous reflecting pool initially built by Guru Ram Das, 4th Guru of the Sikhs. No visit to Amritsar is complete without spending time contemplating the eternal mysteries and effortless beauty embodied in the Golden Temple.
- Akal Takht – Not far from the Golden Temple close to the incomparable Darshani Deorhi or ‘throne of the timeless one’ Akal Takht rises majestically over the entrance to the Golden Temple. Long the traditional seat of Sikh authority the original temple was built in 1609 by Guru Hargobind. Although subsequent efforts have added to, expanded and modified elements of the temple it remains a must-see for any Amritsar visitor.
- The Wagah Border Area – Wagah is the sole crossing between India and neighboring Pakistan and a major transit point for goods and people between Amritsar and Lahore. The border crossing is located a short 28km taxi ride from Amritsar centre and is a popular destination for tourists who regularly come to witness the extraordinary Changing of the Guard ceremony. Military personnel from both nations participate, and national pride is evident all around as the crowds show their approval with thunderous applause.
- Ram Bagh – Ram Bagh is a sumptuous and expansive formal garden built in tribute to Amritsar’s founder Guru Ram Das. Once the grounds of the opulent summer palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the site has been fully converted into a museum with the gardens acting as a contemplative counterpoint to the more temporal concerns that occupied the palace inhabitants. The museum has wonderful exhibits of Mughal weaponry, numerous portraits of important historical figures and a flawless replica of the “Kohinoor” diamond.
- Jallianwala Bagh – Jallianwala Bagh is without a doubt one of the most important historical sites related to the birth of independent India. It was 1919 when British troops under the command of General Dyer opened fire without warning on an enormous crowd who had gathered to celebrate the festival of Baisakhi; one of the most important on the Sikh calendar. It is estimated that more than 1,000 innocent men, women, and children were gunned down that day. The event caused shockwaves that reverberated around the world and signaled the beginning of the end of British hegemony over the subcontinent.
- Durgiana Temple – Similar in design to the better known Golden Temple the Durgiana Temple is dedicated to the Goddess Durga and dates to the 16th century. The shrine features painted carvings of Durga in her different incarnations and has become a popular attraction for tourists who wish to revel in the elegance and splendor of a more genteel age.
Whether you need a taxi hire in Amritsar for everyday use, business use or to show you the sights My City Taxi is the company to call. We offer customized tour packages that can make the difference between a so-so vacation and one that you’ll remember forever. We provide business people with dependable, comfortable transportation that ensures their business trips come off without a hitch and we offer affordable transportation to and from Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport for everyone. Couples, families, groups or individuals all get the same level of impeccable service and enjoy the same level of comfort and safety in our wide variety of late model vehicles.
Life is too short to spend another sleepless night wondering how you’re going to get around when you visit Amritsar on a business or holiday. My City Taxi is here to get you where you want to go quickly, safely and affordable. Give us a call today on +91-991-4445-539 to find out more or reserve a cab.